After a Bakersfield Car Accident
There are basic steps you can take immediately following a
car accident that may not only positively impact your
insurance claim but that may also offer you the best opportunity of holding the other driver responsible and recovering the full financial compensation to which you may be entitled. Of course, we recommend that you consult a lawyer as soon as possible in the wake of a Bakersfield car accident. A lawyer can guide you through this process, and your initial consultation at Pacific Attorney Group is always free and confidential. However, here are some steps that you can take after a car accident:
- Remain at the scene of the accident and report the incident to the police.
- Render medical aid if anyone is injured, at least by calling an ambulance.
- Exchange contact and insurance information with the other driver or drivers involved in the accident.
- Get the contact information of any witnesses present - this may prove valuable later when working to prove the cause of the accident.
- If possible, take pictures of the scene, damage to your vehicle, damage to the other car, and your injuries.
- Keep detailed notes about everything you remember from the accident.
- Keep detailed medical records and all receipts for any expense associated with the accident or your injuries.
- Report the accident to your insurance company.
- If the other driver's insurance company contacts you, refrain from giving a statement. The insurance adjuster may be trying to ask you particular questions to make you unintentionally admit fault.
Contact a Car Accident Attorney
At Pacific Attorney Group, we take on all types of car accident claims in Bakersfield, including
car vs. car accidents, car accidents involving
car vs. truck accidents, and much more. We know that you are dealing with a difficult situation, and we want to offer you the help you need. Best of all, you pay no legal fees unless we recover a settlement or jury award on your behalf.
Bakersfield car accident attorney
at our offices today to learn more about what you can do after a car accident.